Our Responsibilities In Prayer
The following are scriptures that remind us of our prayer responsibilities.
1. Pray for the leadership of a nation that they may find the good and right way to lead.
1 Sam 12:23 - Far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you.
2. Pray that you will have godly desires.
Psalm 37:4 - Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
3. Pray that the city of Jerusalem will become like its name that means ‘City of Peace.’
Psalm 122:6 - Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
4. Pray that the Lord will make Jerusalem a city to be praised.
Isaiah 62:7 - And give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
5. Pray for those who mistreat you.
Luke 6:28 - Bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.
6. Pray for labourers to bring in the harvest.
Matthew 9:38; Luke 10.2 - Then He said to His disciples, ‘The harvest truly is plentiful, but the labourers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into His harvest.’
7. Pray that you do not enter into temptation.
Luke 22:40 - He said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.”
8. Pray that you may do no evil.
2 Corinthians 13:7 - Now I pray to God that you do no evil.
9. Pray that your love may abound toward all people.
Philippians 1:9 - And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment.
10. Pray and make your needs known with thanksgiving.
Philippians 4:6 - Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
11. Pray that God will open doors for ministry of the Word.
Colossians 4:3 - …..meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains.
12. Pray that you will be kept by the power of God.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 - Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
13. Pray for National and Local leaders of government.
1 Timothy 2:1,2 - Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.